Monday, May 30, 2011

Officially a New Englander?

I've officially been living in Massachusetts for a week. It has been filled with tons of things (mainly job hunting).

We went to eat with Bob, Josh and Jon at Lowell Beerworks. Very yummy food. I got a chicken/pesto sandwich. No surprise there but there were some delicious sweet potato fries to go with it. I seriously will master the art of baking sweet potato fries at home one of these days. Each time I try to make them from scratch or from frozen ones, it's a fiasco. If anyone has a surefire way to make this happen, let me know a.s.a.p. Josh suggested a sparkling white wine that was really good but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

We've been to the Natick Collection a few times in search of a dress for Alex's cousin Emily's wedding. I finally found one at Express today! SO excited because it's really cute and I don't have to spend money on new shoes or jewelry to match it!

Both of Alex's brothers were in town for Memorial Day. Drew's here for the summer but Adam came in town from where he lives. It was nice having them both around and to see Alex getting to hang out with his brothers. :-) Their Dad, Bob, grilled hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken. SO yummy! Alex made his famous burger recipe "PLC style" as he would say (ground beef, cayenne pepper, eggs, beer, Tony's, and salt).

I've been eating a ton and have gained 5 pounds already. This is not good so Alex and I went running today. I want to start running everyday (even when I don't want to). I need to lose the rest of the weight I'd like to lose and tone up.

I've been applying to jobs like crazy and working on my thesis. Yes, I am going to finish my masters degree even though I moved almost 1600 miles away. :-P I'll most likely defend it over Skype in the Fall semester. There's a nasty university policy that says you have to be an enrolled student to defend your thesis and receive your degree. So guess who gets to pay $600 for one credit hour so she can defend her thesis and receive her master's degree?! ME! Yay! lol

Life's pretty good. I'm enjoying being a "honorary yankee". Perhaps I'll cross over to being a full on yankee on of these days? Who knows? But I'll always be a southern girl at heart, of that I'm sure. G.R.I.T.S.!

No comments:

Post a Comment