Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Chapter

For the first time in a long time, I am happy. I was never depressed but just content with where my life was. So many things have changed in the past year. I have finished my first year in graduate school. I have a boyfriend that I have been dating for the past almost four months that I love very much. I have a great apartment and one amazing roommate.

Yesterday, the boyfriend and I went to my cousin's wedding a few cities over. It was a perfect wedding. Everything went off without a hitch. My boyfriend looked great in his suit and I looked pretty in my dress (a 1940's cream and chocolate brown polka-dot dress with matching chocolate brown wedge shoes). The reception was outside at the bride's parent's house in their backyard. Yes, it was a very tasteful southern wedding. We had a great time together until we were almost back to his apartment. He was looking off into the distance like he sometimes does. On this particular occasion, I asked him what he was thinking. He said he was thinking about us and our future. I think the wedding got to him. He said that my cousin and his bride just seemed to be so sure of their love and everything seemed so perfect for the two of them. He was comparing their relationship to ours. Nothing is ever perfect. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Of course their wedding day made their relationship seem ideal... it was their wedding day! I'm sure they've had their disagreements and fights with one another. If you really love someone, you should try your best to work through all of the bullshit. Right?

2 comments:

  1. Im glad you agree that love is worth working through all the bullshit. I've tried my best through a couple of such relationships and though I've come up empty handed, I feel pride in the fact that I never gave an inch lesser than I could.

    :) Always good to see a new blogger starting out with a heartfelt post. Best of luck. I'll keep tuning in and hope that you will write often.

    Just out of curiosity, how did you find my blog? Do I know you from somewhere before?

    -PeAcE
    --WiTh
    ---GuNs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. Most people only write in their blogs when something bad has occurred it seems (or at least that's how it seemed on my old blog site). I LOVE the format of this site though. There are so many people with so many thought provoking blogs.

    I found your blog through the "next blog" button located at the top of the screen. I viewed my own blog, then I saw that button at the top and began to scroll through random blogs. I must say that I enjoy your blog because it made me think and smile for the day.

    ReplyDelete